Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Hello. My name is Tiffany and I'm...

Hello. My name is Tiffany and I'm... infertile. *GASP* I feel like I'm standing in front of an AA meeting admitting to a group of strangers that I have a "problem". Admitting it is the first step to healing, right? Well, maybe not in my case. 

I like to consider myself an infertility veteran. It makes me feel special or smug, I'm not sure which. My husband and I have been "cursed', or should I say "blessed", with infertility for 7 years. In my earthly self-pity I say cursed. But when I think of our sweet boy, that we have received through our "curse", I consider us blessed. I often feel blessed to be grouped with such strong Biblical women as Sarah, Rebekah, Rachel, Sampson's mom, Hannah, and Elizabeth. I'm also often encouraged by the sons of these women... 

Sarah has Isaac, who marries Rebekah, who then gives birth to Jacob (a.k.a. Israel). Jacob marries Rachel, who has Joseph, who, come on people... God did some amazing things through Joseph. Crazy stuff going on in this family line. If you know your Bible, than you know there was lots of sin, but lots and lots of God's grace and amazing power going on with this family. God alone created the Israelite nation through this family. 

Then we have Sampson's mom, not much is said of her, in fact, her name isn't even mentioned. But we know, from Scripture, that she was unable to have children. Look at the mighty things God did through her offspring, Sampson. 

Hannah, poor Hannah. In 1 Samuel 1, we see her crying and sad because of her inability to have children. She faithfully prayed for a child and God blessed her with Samuel, who grew to be a mighty man of God. Then there's Elizabeth. Elizabeth gave birth to John the Baptist. God used him to prepare the way for the coming Savior! 

I look at these stories and I see blessings and hope. I see God's mighty power at work through the women and their sons. When I focus on God, I see those same things in my life and my sons life. I can see how life's trials are God's blessings. I can't help but think God is going to do some crazy amazing things through the life of my son. He's going to use Aden in mighty ways for His kingdom. And there's NO greater blessing than that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment